Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cough cough... Have some Dr Pepper

When I ask my friend to bring back few bottles of Dr Pepper from the UK, they will say: ‘Oh? Cough medicine?’

That’s what Dr Pepper taste like. A carbonated syrup originated from the US. It has very high dose of caffeine enough to keep you awake all day. It keeps me going during my studies. I used to consume one bottle per day during exam week. I like to keep the bottle and refill it with water to preserve the taste and bring it along side me.

And I like to take pictures with it=)

Most of my friends don’t really like it because of the weird taste. Like I said before, it taste like cough medicine. To think back, I don't remember having cough or sore throat in the UK before. Maybe Dr Pepper is really a cough medicine? That’s why it’s called Dr – Doctor right?

Speaking of which, Dr Pepper in Malaysia is a rare item. I’ve been to Tesco, Giant, Cold storage etc, and can't find any. I guess it wasn’t that popular as most Malaysian can’t get use to the taste.

Last week I was doing my grocery shopping in Jusco Sunway, and to my surprise I actually found it. Yeah, no need to 'Import' from my friends anymore. Compare to other soft drinks like coke, it is more expensive at RM2.50 per can. Anyhow, it's 49p (around RM2.70) in UK so I think it is still reasonable.

Hail Cough Medicine! Opps… Dr Pepper! If you can find ‘bottled’ one, please let me know…



Technorati Profile

3 comments:

  1. Hey, dunno u love DocPep (tat's what I like to call it) as well! Not sure if can get it at Jusco in Pg... miss it man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, if you want i can get some and bring it to u in Pg =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the guy above has a point

    ReplyDelete