Thursday, January 22, 2009

So Cheesy...

When I was in Sheffield, we used to cook at Pastor's house to cater for the cell group members and also some new invited guest. Normally Pastor will prepare all the necessary ingredients like meat, vegetables, spices etc. and we were assigned to prepare dinner for the mass.

I enjoy cooking at Pastor's house, especially the part where you let out your imagination and creativity to created new dish (edible and tasty ones of course) using the available ingredients provided.

After a tired day at work, I came back home, took a shower, and started preparing my dinner. My cousin already went to hometown as Chinese New Year nears. He left his minced pork in the fridge, so I 'borrowed' some. With ingredients like cheese, mince pork, leftover rice, bolognese sauce, I decided to do a Cheese Baked Rice, similar to the ones we have in Kim Gary.

And yes, I finally had a chance to use my new Oven!

Preparation is simple.

1. Season mince pork with sesame oil, pepper, soya sauce and sugar
2. Mix it well
3. Fry the pork on a pan until cook
4. Add in bolognese sauce
5. Simmer until boil
6. Place leftover rice on a ceramic bowl
7. Pour the cooked bolognese on top of the rice
8. Cover shredded Cheddar Cheese on top



9. Set oven to baking mode



10. Place the bowl into the Oven for 10minutes at 200deg C.
11. Ready to serve when Cheese is golden brown



and Wala! A delicious yet easy to make cheesy bake rice. I must admit the cheddar cheese is fattening but who cares. It taste really really good!

Like to take this opportunity to wish all readers a
Happy & Blessed Chinese 牛 Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment